Wednesday, June 01, 2005

How Colson Felt

I heard that Chuck Colson, who is on my list of one of best people still standing on the earth, was going to comment on the unveiling of Deep Throat today on NBC's Today show, but unfortunately I missed it. The link to the blip is here via MSNBC, but it is not popping up for me. Don't know if it's me or MSNBC. But I heard he was pretty good. This is from Hugh Hewitt:

"'When any president has to worry whether the deputy director of the FBI is sneaking around in dark corridors peddling information in the middle of the night, he's in trouble,' said Colson, who founded Prison Fellowship Ministries after leaving jail. 'There were times when I should have blown the whistle, so I understand his feelings. But I cannot approve of his methods.'"


People who were young adults at that time, and who read or watched
All the President's Men will vividily remember the drama. I was thinking when we would learn about who the real Deep Throat was, we'd all be stammering in disbelief, but this kind of fizzled for me.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]