Saturday, September 18, 2004

Rather Working up a Lather at "See BS"

Bernard Goldstein wrote the following in a recent Wall Street Journal Option Editorial:

"On Feb. 12, 1996, I picked up a phone at CBS News in New York and called Dan Rather, who was in Des Moines covering the Iowa caucuses. It was a call that I--then a CBS correspondent--wasn't anxious to make. I'd written an op-ed for this page about liberal bias in the news that was going to run the next day. I knew I had to give Dan a heads up. "I wrote a piece for the Journal, Dan, and my guess is you won't be ecstatic about it." I hadn't given him any details yet, so he had no idea what the op-ed was about. Dan was gracious; he always was when we spoke. "Bernie," he said, "we were friends yesterday, we're friends today, and we'll be friends tomorrow. So tell me about it."

"I did, and the more I told him the more tense the conversation got...."

Read the rest here: http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005636





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]