Tuesday, October 19, 2004

You're Young, Female, Left-leaning and Voting for Bush...

The comments of Sarah Baxter, a life-long Labour voter in Britain and a registered Democrat in the United States from the Sunday Times of London (with thanks to Bloggers Ipse Dixit and Roger L. Simon):

"...I was standing next to the World Trade Center, gazing in horror at the torment above, when the towers collapsed. I was showered with pulverised masonry and the ashes of nearly 3,000 people. I decided fairly quickly that America was a beacon of freedom that needed defending against the anti-western, freedom-hating religious bigots and death cultists. I am determined my children will grow up in a world of increasing democracy where terrorists are captured, tyrants overthrown.

"When Bush said in last week’s debate: “We can be safe and secure if we go on the offence against terrorism and if we spread liberty around the world,” I felt he spoke with conviction. When Kerry said he was going to “hunt and kill” the terrorists, I heard a politician’s soundbite.

"Can it be that I am politically to the right of all those millionaire arts patrons? If so, I don’t accept that label. On foreign policy, Bush is the idealist and Kerry the conservative, afraid to disturb the status quo. I’ve never abandoned my belief in human rights and democracy..."

Read the entire text here.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]