Monday, November 15, 2004

The Da Vinci Load - Coming to a Theater Near You

I am a big fan of Tom Hanks, but I don't plan on wasting a minute of my time watching his next "big" film, "The Da Vinci Code" which is to be announced in the November 22 issue of Newsweek. Dan Brown's book, though very popular, is nonetheless a travesty, which has spawned a series of counter arguments about the major premises of the book (Jesus was married to Mary Magdalen, the Holy Grail is not what you think it is, Mary appears in Da Vinci's Last Supper, and on and on, ad nauseum).

Okay, it is fiction, but it is reminiscent of the controversial "The Last Temptation of Christ." I don't like the idea of an actor I happen to like being forever associated with what will end up being hyped up schlock and bore.







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]