Sunday, January 23, 2005

Storm Contemplations

As I look out onto the vast expanse, and consider what the Blizzard of 2005 has done to my home, my neighborhood, and my region, I have asked myself this one, simple question:

Who said:

"To believe in traditional Christianity is something else,...For the son of God to be born of a virgin? I mean, really. To believe that he rose from the dead and bodily ascended into heaven? How utterly ridiculous. To believe in miracles? Or that those who obey God will rise from the dead and those who do not will burn in hell?"

And...

"God assumed from the beginning that the wise of the world would view Christians as fools ... and he has not been disappointed."

Was it:

Charles H. Spurgeon?

J. I. Packer?

C. S. Lewis?

Antonin Scalia?

If you guessed Scalia, you were right (HT: Free Republic).

I nominate him for Chief Justice.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]