Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Watershed Event

After the Schiavo case is fully exhausted, nothing will be the same.

People, like me, who have placed their trust in the United States Consititution and in the courts of justice will be jaundiced forever by the gross unfairness of the rulings that have led inexorably to Terri's demise despite her parents' pleading. More and more focus will be on the skepticism people will (and ought to ) have in our judicial system.

As an American, and and old conservative coot, I placed a lot of trust in our institutions. Now I realize that I cannot believe the Constitution is as absolute as I have made it out to be in my mind - it is as fallible as human nature itself, perhaps it is a little less fallible, but when interpretted and dispensed by post-modern men in black robes, it has fallen off the edge.

From this point on, things change.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]