Monday, May 01, 2006

Mayday Mayday

Don Roach at Anchor Rising: "Do I agree with the President's guest worker visa program? Yes. Do I favor allowing more immigrants into this country? Again, yes. I believe we're all 'immigrants unless we're Native American,...However, proponents of today's 'strike,' as it were, fail to realize that illegal is illegal."

I couldn't agree more. Hey, my grandparents on both sides of my family were either immigrants or first generation Americans, so I can empathize with wanting to get into this country for opportunity. But to do so by jumping ahead in line over those doing it legally, and to be insinuating that it is an inalienable right of some sort, well, that's simply off the mark.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]